If you are active on Twitter and enjoy disseminating science into social media content for public consumption to educate and grow the online thrombosis and hemostasis community, this position is for you!
The Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (JTH) is seeking a social media-savvy researcher to serve as the official social media editor for JTH. The ideal candidate will:
- Work with the editors to identify interesting articles to post on Twitter and tag authors and their institutions. The goal is to spur discussions and participate in conversations on behalf of the JTH and the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH).
- Select relevant imagery to accompany each post, working with ISTH marketing to brand those images if needed. Experience with Photoshop or other image editing software is a plus.
- Build the reputation of JTH by creating a destination for digital conversation on thrombosis and hemostasis topics.
- Provide insights gained from responses to postings to the JTH Editors-in-Chief and the ISTH marketing team.
- Adhere to guidelines such as never sharing personal opinions on JTH and/or society social media pages.
- Work with the ISTH marketing and membership team and Editors-in-Chief of JTH to learn social media protocols, expectations, style guidelines and other brand nuances.
The ISTH marketing and membership team will provide training in social media if needed.
Benefits include a stipend, the opportunity to serve on an editorial group and to network with prestigious leaders in the field of thrombosis and hemostasis. The term of service is one year, which may be renewed.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and your CV to email@example.com. Visit the ISTH booth in the main foyer for more information.